January 4th, 2012
From our friends at Yahoo!
7 Foods That Do The Weight-Loss Work For You…
1. Apples: A medium apple contains 4 grams of fiber; a large apple has 5. Apples also offer a bit of vitamin C and potassium.
2. Green Beans: One cup boasts 4 grams of fiber, plus a healthy dose (30% daily value) or skin-helping vitamin C.
3. Sweet Potatoes: A medium-size baked sweet potato skin included, offers 5 grams of fiber-for just 103 calories. It’s also a nutrition powerhouse: providing 438% daily value of eye-healthy vitamin A (eat these foods to help you see more clearly), 37% daily value of vitamin C, plus some potassium, vitamin E, iron, magnesium and phytochemicals like beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
4. Raspberries: Raspberries are a great source of fiber-some of it soluble in the form of pectin, which helps lower cholesterol. One cup of raspberries has 8 grams of fiber. Raspberries are also an excellent source of vitamin C.
5. Strawberries: One cup of strawberries has a respectable 3 grams of fiber and more than a full day’s recommended dose of vitamin C-an antioxidant that helps keep skin healthy.
6. Chickpeas: Just 3/4 cup of chickpeas has a whopping 8 grams of fiber. You also get a good amount of vitamin B6 and folate, both of which play a role in forming healthy new cells.
7. Pumpkin: A cup of cooked pumpkin contains 3 grams of fiber. You also get vitamin A (245% daily value), vitamins C, E and potassium.